Family Law Practice Areas
- High Asset Divorce
- Military Divorce
- Legal Separation
- Prenuptial & Postnuptial Agreements
- Spousal Support & Alimony
- Child Custody & Visitation
- Child Support
- Parental Relocation, including multi-state custody issues
- Kidnapping & Custodial Interference
- Property Rights, including business valuation and division
- Grandparent’s Rights
- Protection Orders
- Emergency Proceedings
Domestic violence is a serious issue. Protection orders in Idaho were specifically designed to protect those who are involved in abusive relationships, whether it is within the confines of a marriage, dating or arrangements where people are living together. Family law attorney Merrilee A. Parr is committed to protecting those who are abused, and children who are at risk in volatile homes throughout Northern Idaho.
If you are the victim of physical or psychological abuse in any type of relationship it is important to attend to your own safety, as well as the safety of any children who may be involved. Contact Merrilee today at (208) 667-1227 to schedule an appointment to discuss your unique circumstances, and to learn about your available options.
Restraining Orders in Idaho
In Idaho, a restraining order is called a protection order. As a victim of domestic violence, you can petition for a protection order for you and/or your child. The state of Idaho offers two types of protection orders:
- Temporary Restraining Order – Commonly used in divorce or custody cases, temporary orders are issued when a person can prove that immediate and irreparable injuries will occur.
- Domestic Violence Protection Order – The most common type of protection order, court order requires the person threatening you to stay a specific distance away from you, your home, office, school, and other public place, and prohibits them from contacting you if there is proof of immediate and present danger of domestic violence.
Getting A Restraining Order in Idaho
If you or your children are in an unsafe or dangerous situation, it is extremely important that you get the assistance from the Idaho legal system that you need, and that you get it quickly. Family law attorney Merrilee A. Parr can help you obtain a restraining order or modify an existing protection order. With understanding, compassion, and extensive experience in getting restraining orders in Idaho, Merrilee will work with you to determine the legal action to best protect you and your children from your abuser.
Contact Experienced Coeur d’Alene Restraining Order Attorney Today
If you or your children are the victims of domestic violence, get your family to a safe place and then call family law attorney Merrilee A. Parr. Merrilee will guide you through the legal process, appealing to the court for a restraining order requiring your abuser to stay away from you and your family. Once the protection order has been issued, she will counsel you on related issues to ensure you and your family are safe, including filing for divorce and petitioning for custody of your children.