gtag('config', 'UA-138413417-2'); (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-57020663-2', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');
child custody and visitation lawyer Merrilee A. Parr

Family Law Practice Areas




Child Custody and Visitation

Being a parent is one of the most significant and special roles you will have in your entire life.

As a parent, you have a right to be there for your child and your child deserves to have you there.   Unfortunately, the issues and emotions surrounding a divorce or separation can make it difficult for parents to agree on child visitation and custodial issues. Child custody agreements and orders are very important to protect everyone involved in an unmarried-parent circumstance and need to be done right.


If you and the other parent cannot agree on a custodial and visitation schedule, experienced family law attorney Merrilee A. Parr will protect your rights as a parent and help you to create an environment where your child can thrive.

Child Custody and Visitation in Idaho

The Idaho courts recognize that the more both parents remain connected with their children, the better it is for the children in the long run. With this in mind, the court will enforce the child’s right to have continued and ongoing contact with both parents, as long as it is in the best interest of the child.


Merrilee A. Parr will advocate for your rights as a parent, and will make sure make sure Idaho courts consider your point of view, ensuring your child’s best interest is protected.


Protect Your Child

If the parents cannot agree on a custodial scheduled, Merrilee A. Parr will help you show the court the unique factors the judge needs to know about you and your child.


If your child is in danger, you may not want to come to an agreement with the other parent. In these cases, Merrilee will help you present your unique situation to the courts so you can establish, by court order, a custodial schedule that is in the best interest of your child.


Protect Your Visitation Rights

Usually when one parent is awarded primary physical custody, reasonable visitation rights will be given to the other parent, known as the non-custodial parent. However, emotions often get in the way of honoring these court-ordered scheduled visitations.


If you are being denied visitation rights, you should seek the help of experienced custody attorney Merrilee A. Parr to help you file the necessary process to help ensure your visitation rights are protected and the court order is followed.


Modification of a Visitation Order

As time passes, circumstances or the needs of you and your child will change requiring a custody or visitation modification. Idaho courts will consider a change to a custody order or visitation agreement when there has been

  • A substantial increase in the child’s age
  • A dramatic change to one of the parent’s income level
  • A threat of one parent relocating to another state
  • Evidence showing that the current living arrangement puts the child at risk of physical or emotional harm
  • A refusal by the custodial parent to honor a visitation order to the non-custodial parent


If your child custody or visitation agreement is not working for you and your child, you can seek a child custody or visitation rights modification by calling Merrilee A. Parr. Experienced in dealing with the complicated court system, Merrilee will set up an appointment and to learn about your unique situation and how best to protect your relationship with your child.


Fight For Your Child Custody and Visitation Rights

Merrilee A. Parr works with you to resolve your child custody and visitation issues in a reasonable manner, working to reduce the stress and upheaval in the life of you and your child. However, should litigation become necessary to protect your custody rights, Merrilee will zealously advocate for you and your child in court.