gtag('config', 'UA-138413417-2'); (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-57020663-2', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');
Idaho custody attorney Merrilee A. Parr

Family Law Practice Areas

Custodial Interference or Parental Kidnapping

In Idaho, interfering with child custody and visitation orders is against the law. If your custody rights are being threatened, you want experienced custody attorney Merrilee A. Parr.


Types of Custodial Interference

Custodial interference happens when a parent interferes with custody rights in some way, including

  • Alleging that the child does not want to see his or her other parent
  • Visiting the child when the other parent is supposed to have custody
  • Not complying with agreements such as frequently causing the child to miss extracurricular activities
  • Booking the child for activities during visitation time with the noncustodial parent so the parent and child cannot spend time together
  • Refusing to return the child to his or her primary residence
  • Refusing to allow the child to visit the other parent
  • Failing to return the child as scheduled, whether it be hours or days


How to File Custodial Interference in Idaho

The first step in fighting custodial interference is to call custody attorney Merrilee A. Parr. She will advise you as to the best way to gather evidence demonstrating the offending parent’s purposeful misconduct. She will work with you to determine when it is appropriate to take action, and once initiated, will follow through.


Once Merrilee reviews the information and evidence with you, she will take action to best protect your child and your legal rights.


What to Do If Your Spouse Kidnaps Your Child

Kidnappings are not always sudden, and children are not always taken by a stranger. Parental kidnappings can and do occur.


If a parent, relative or other person takes your child or children without permission or against a court order, and you don’t know where they are, contact your local police or sheriff immediately. And then call custody attorney Merrilee A. Parr and schedule an appointment. Located in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, Merrilee will help you to take immediate action to protect your child.


Protect Your Child and Your Custody Rights

If you are custodial or non-custodial parent and you are worried about the safety and well-being of your child, contact Merrilee A. Parr immediately to set up an appointment. Merrilee will help document your concerns, and advise you on how best to protect your child while preserving your custody rights.


Protect Your Visitation Rights

Do not try to take the law into your own hands. Merrilee A. Parr has been helping parents in Kootenai County since 1997, and can work with you to determine the best way to resolve your unique situation. Call Merrilee A. Parr today at (208) 667-1227 to schedule an appointment.