gtag('config', 'UA-138413417-2'); (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-57020663-2', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');
Modifications from an experienced family law attorney, Merrilee A. Parr

Family Law Practice Areas



Experienced family law attorney Merrilee A. Parr understands that when life changes, the court ordered parenting agreements that once served you and your family may also need to change. Experienced in custodial schedule modifications and child support modifications, Merrilee will work with you to understand how your circumstances have changed and how to best present these changes to the court.


When to Modify A Court Order

To adequately enforce changes in child support and child custody orders, it should be modified by court order. In Idaho, a modification requires a significant change in circumstances. To understand if you have been affected by a significant change that may warrant a child support modification or a change to a custody order or visitation schedule, contact lawyer Merrilee A. Parr to schedule a consultation.


What Is Required to Change An Existing Order

Custodial schedules and child support can be modified any time there is a significant change in circumstances. A few examples of the more common types of significant changes that might be recognized by Idaho court include

  • A parent loses a job
  • A parent has a substantial pay increase or decrease
  • A parent receives a large inheritance
  • The cost of living drastically increases
  • A parent remarries
  • A parent experiences significant long term illness or disability
  • A parent moves
  • A parent becomes addicted to drugs or alcohol
  • A child experiences a medical emergency
  • The child’s needs change significantly


While these are a few of the more common significant changes recognized by the court, every family has its own unique changes. If your parenting time or financial situation is being affected by a significant change, Merrilee A. Parr will use her family law experience to efficiently and effectively help you make the necessary modifications that are in the best interest of your child.


Family Law Attorney Merrilee A. Parr Can Help

The facts of each case are different, and the law surrounding modifications are complicated. Experienced family law attorney Merrilee A. Parr will work with you to understand your unique situation, and recommend the best course of action for you. If it is in the best interest of the child, she will work with you to petition the court to modify your custody agreement, visitation schedule, or child support order.